Since 1990, Tresta has been providing award-winning communication services to businesses throughout North America. With service offerings that include cloud-based phone services, virtual receptionist services, and custom enterprise applications, we support over 15 million phone interactions annually and pride ourselves in delivering technology solutions that help over 15,000 businesses better manage their phone calls. To learn more, visit tresta.com and patlive.com.
We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer with 2+ years of on the job experience to be part of a passionate and high energy team that is creating compelling, new and innovative online technologies.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- create modules and applications written in Erlang/OTP to process massively concurrent requests from the client website and backend services, implementing REST and WebSocket interfaces;
- implement background services with NodeJS;
- integrate with a large-scale messaging queuing system (RabbitMQ) to perform cross server application coordination;
- use CouchDB for persistence and data modeling, creating map/reduce functions for views over the data, and managing a full text search engine;
- implement Puppet modules and create Jenkins scripts to enable continuous delivery and continuous integration for completely automated deployments across any environment;
- implement automated UI tests, integration tests, load tests, and unit tests;
- implement a WebRTC client/server to enable phone calls right from a browser; and
- serve as an active member of the Open Source community.
At Tresta, we want developers who can do more than just code. The culture fit is just as important, so we are looking for people who have the following qualities:
- Curious: You are constantly learning, reading about and experimenting with new technologies. Some might call it an obsession.
- Self-sufficient: You can take a problem and figure out a solution fairly independently.
- Agile/flexible: You are great with change and thrive in that environment. One day you may be designing a new application, the next day programming, and the next day writing and executing test cases. And that’s OK with you.
- Great people skills: We have to like you, you have to like us. It’s as simple as that.
- Generous: You are generous with your knowledge and with your time to help others.
- Smart, but Open minded: You are sharp and intelligent, but you don’t think you know everything and you are open to hearing other opinions.
- Value Quality: You believe that high quality is worth the extra time. There are no shortcuts to success.
From a technical perspective, we’d like:
- Demonstrated experience in any (or multiple) of the following areas. Ideally, we’d like 2 or more years of experience, but we’re not hung up on the number of years if you can demonstrate the skill set we would expect from a 2-year developer.
We’ve got great perks like competitive pay, profit sharing, generous paid-time-off, a casual dress code, 401K, health, dental, vision – even free gym memberships and wellness incentives. But the real reason people join Tresta is to help us make a meaningful difference in our company and community as we pursue our mission of improving the way people communicate and work together.